Thursday, January 7
Spring Onion and Leek Pithale
Pithale is a classic Mahatashtrian dish made out of gram flour. It's a hit at my home any day. Quick, easy and hands down delicious.!!
Here is a little variation to the classic recipe. The original recipe has regular onions and has more gram flour than onions. I tried to make it little healthier by reducing the flour and adding fresh spring onions and leeks.
1. 5 bunches of fresh spring onions.
2. 2 bunches of leek.
3. 1 teaspoon of cumin powder.
4. 1 teaspoon of coriander powder.
5. 1 teaspoon of red chilly powder.
6. Salt to taste.
7. Pinch of sugar.
8. Juice of a lemon.
9. 1 teaspoon of oil
10. 1/2 cup of gram flour.
How to make.
1. Add all the powders, lemon juice, salt and sugar together to the gram flour. Adjust the red chilly powder based on how much spicy you want.
2. Add oil to the pan and add chopped spring onions, chopped leeks.
3. Add salt and keep stirring until the onions and leeks start leaving some water.
4. Add the mixture from #1 slowly and keep stirring.
5. Adjust salt and red chilly powder. Quick and easy and definitely a good meal for a busy weekday night!!