It goes really well with any grilled meat or veggies.
Works great as a nice energy booster on a tiring day!!
- Strawberries 2 boxes.
- Lemons - 4.
- Limes - 4.
- Naval Oranges - 4-5.
- White Pepper.
- Sugar/honey/artificial sweetener.
- Frozen lemonade ( optional).
- 1/4 cup of fresh mint.
- Wash all the fruits and slice thinly.
- Mix some cold water ( or ice ) to about half of the strawberries and run it through a blender till it becomes a nice puree.
- In 4 cups of water add the pureed strawberries , mint, Sugar ( or honey or substitute) , little white pepper and mix.
- Squeeze out all the juice from the slices of lemons, oranges, limes in the water. Do not throw away the slices, instead put them right in that water.
- Adjust salt/Sugar/pepper as per the taste based on how sweet/sour the citrus fruits are.
- If you are making it for party you can add the frozen lemonade to the same water to increase the quantity and still maintain the taste. Serve chilled.
- Avoid using any color/corn syrup as the natural color of strawberries looks the best!!
- When the berries are not in season you can use the frozen one but it doesn't taste that great!
- To make it into a nice cocktail you can mix one part of Rum to 2 parts of the Lemonade ( for a cocktail you need to make it a little on the stronger side) and 1 part of any Lemon soda ( like sprite or 7 Up). The cocktail tastes almost like a Mojito.