I always remember coming back from school when I think of दडपे पोहे (daDape Pohe). My mom would be waiting with something yummy everyday for 5 o' clock snack. It used to be a surprise everyday with homely delicious snacks like Chiwada(चिवडा), Bhadang, Bhel, Upama etc. My favorite would always be daDape pohe (दडपे पोहे).
After many years, today I craved for it. It was a lazy Friday evening and I decided to make daDape Pohe.
2 Cups of Thin Pohe
1 Medium onion finely chopped.
1/2 cup of freshly grated coconut
1/2 cup Peanuts ( it's never enough really!!)
1 teaspoon of sugar
1/2 teaspoon lime juice ( Freshly squeezed is always better).
Salt to taste
Red chilly powder to taste
1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
a pinch of Asafetida ( Hing)
1 teaspoon of oil.
How to make-
1. Roast pohe in a pan on medium heat for 2-3 minutes. This is just to add a little crunch to them. Keep seperate.
2. Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds, cumin seeds,turmeric powder, asafetida in the same orde r. Add peanuts and fry for 2 minutes.
3. Cool this tempering for a while and add to the pohe. Mix it with hands crushing it softly in between. Add sugar, salt and red chilly powder as per the taste.
4. Add chopped onion, coconut and lime juice and mix again ( preferably with hands. Believe me it tastes better!! )
5. Serve it with a little yogurt or shev!! Enjoy!!